Wednesday, July 04, 2007

After a Storm, Before a Feast

I have just completed A Storm Of Swords, book three of George R R Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series, and it ends with a very nerve wrecking suspense. Some of the major characters are killed and some have even been brought back from the dead and all the other major characters are in a very critical situation.

However before starting the fourth book A Feast For Crows I have been reading Fragile Things, a collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman. I must say that I am not impressed by the stories. They seem to be very ordinary and feels like ghost stories told around a campfire.

2 comments:

unni said...

do not trash Neil Gaiman till you have read American Gods - I will tell you one thing though, The ending is not as good as the rest of the book - a bit like the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

murali said...

I think the reason I dont like these short stories is there doesnt seem to be any closure for any of his stories. Things happen and suddenly the story ends