Monday, May 29, 2006

Not so great

I've been reading 'Inkheart' by Cornelia Flunke (suggested to me by a friend as a great fantasy fiction). Well he was wrong, Inkheart is not such a great book (too kiddish and girlie) . The thing is, I do like fantasy - not only great stuff like TLOTR but also new works like the Inheritance trilogy. Maybe the book wasn't ment for me, but I really did not like it. As with any other book once I start, I can't stop until I finish it. So it was a complete waste of time. But then again I found this quote at the begining of a chapter

A strong and bitter book-sickness floods one's soul. How ignominious to be strapped to this ponderous mass of paper, print and dead man's sentiment. Would it not be better, finer, braver to leave the rubbish where it lies and walk out into the world a free untrammeled illiterate Superman?


With books like these I do see some point in the quote

3 comments:

unni said...

hey ho
It's me UK from UK, that's right, you did read it, no wonder I like it here, we share the same name.
I think meant is spelt meant and not ment, but I dont know if that is what you meant.

murali said...

thanks for the correction dear walking (or is it still stationary) encyclopedia from UK. But I think I should leave it as it is so that others can make some sense out of all this. If you know what I mean (ment?)

Geoffrey said...

So what did you really mean....
that you are mean.....
So mean